The Don Kampe Lifetime Achievement Award is the highest honor awarded by the Inter-Company Marketing Group. The award was established in 2001 to recognize members who have made significant, ongoing contributions of time and resources for the benefit of ICMG. The award was named in honor of Don Kampe, who served on our first board of directors, was president for two terms, and continued to be active in board and committee work for 24 years.
A little background about this year’s recipient:
- After being Honorably discharged from the United States Marine Corp he started his insurance career as an agent for Met Life
- From there he served in several management positions and as Vice-President for various life insurance and major reinsurance companies during his 50+ years in the insurance industry
- He was a member of ICMG for over 25 years and served two terms on the ICMG Board as well as on various committees
- He was a staunch advocate of ICMG when attending other Industry events always promoting ICMG as the place to “really” network
- It’s the opinion of many that there has never been a better salesman of ICMG than this year’s winner
- This year’s recipient also tirelessly and sometimes “shamelessly” recruited a host of ICMG members to serve on the ICMG Board of Directors. He would tell you what you needed to hear to get you to take part. I and many others that have served on the board know this first-hand. He always was thinking about ways to improve ICMG and sometimes that met with controversy. Being an ex-Marine, there was never a fight (figuratively speaking) that he would shy away from if he believed in a position.
This year’s Don Kampe Lifetime Achievement award is presented to the man known throughout the insurance industry by only two letters, BT!
Congratulations Bob Thomas on a much-deserved award!